The NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards Program
NSF International wishes to congratulate the 2013 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award Winners. This year, three winners were recognized for their outstanding commitment to food safety:
- 2013 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award - Research Advances Category
Michigan Turkey Producers Co-op, Inc.
- 2013 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award – Training Category
Debby L. Newslow, President, D.L. Newslow & Associates, Inc.
- 2013 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award – Trendsetter Category
Bobby Krishna, Principal Food Studies Officer, Food Control Department - Dubai Municipality
View the 2013 press release
View photos of past NSF Food Safety Leadership Award winners
We wish to thank all those nominations which were received and express our appreciation for the time and dedication committed to pursuing a nomination.
Special thanks to the 2013 NSF Food Safety Leadership Award independent panel of jurors:
- Mary M. Adolf, M.S., R.D., Executive Director, International Pizza Hut Franchise Holders Association
- Shelley Feist, Executive Director, Partnership for Food Safety Education (PFSE)
- Donna Garren, Ph.D., Vice President, Regulatory and Technical Affairs, American Frozen Food Institute
- Jack Guzewich, formerly of the U.S. Food and Drug Administration Center for Food Safety and Applied Nutrition (retired)
- Ernest Julian, Ph.D., Chief of the Office of Food Protection, Rhode Island Department of Health
- Ronald S. Klein, formerly of the Food Safety and Sanitation program at the Alaska Department of Environmental Conservation (retired)
- Jim Mann, Founder and Executive Director, The Handwashing For Life Institute
- Donald Schaffner, Ph.D., President-Elect, International Association for Food Protection, and Extension Specialist in Food Science, Rutgers University
- David Theno, Ph.D., CEO, Gray Dog Partners Inc., Food Consulting
- Ewen C.D. Todd, Ph.D., President, Ewen Todd Consulting, and former Director of Food Safety Policy Center, Michigan State University
For more information on the NSF Food Safety Leadership Awards, contact Sarah Ma at 734-769-8010, ext. 2716 or firstname.lastname@example.org.
We will be opening the nomination process for the 2014 Food Safety Leadership Awards this Fall. If you would like to be notified of when we open the 2014 award nomination period, please sign up for our mailing list.
Get Food Safety Leadership Award Notifications